A toothache is a condition felt within a tooth because of damage to the nerve endings. Usually, if a nerve ending is injured, it means that there is probably a crack or hole in the tooth enamel somewhere and bacteria has entered the tooth and has led to a pulp infection. An oral accident or injury may also have been the cause. If you do begin to feel pain in the tooth and think it may be a toothache, it is important to have the tooth repaired immediately.
Create an improved oral health identity with toothache treatments. If your oral health care requires toothache treatments, remember the following:
– In some instances, a toothache can occur if a tooth has been forcibly knocked out due to an accident or blunt trauma.
– Discomfort is felt even after using over-the-counter medications, and severe pain continues for longer than 24 hours after a tooth has been pulled.
– You note signs of swelling in your face or have a fever which may be the result of a toothache.
– Noticeable discharge symptoms are present and felt around a tooth.
– Heavy wear and damage to your TMJs has taken place.
– High fevers or chills that cannot be treated with medication and facial rashes that cannot be easily explained persist.
No matter which toothache service you choose, the real importance is the oral health benefits it can provide. If you would like Dr. Bruce Brumm and our team at Bruce Brumm to bring you in for an oral exam to determine which treatment is best for you, please contact our dentist office in San Diego, California, by calling us at 858-453-1500. It’s never too late to start taking steps to a healthier you!