Are you making sure to floss your teeth daily? Dental floss is an extremely central part of your oral health care daily regimen, as it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing cannot reach. If for any reason your flossing habits are inadequate and cannot be amended, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser. For a list of ideal tips and techniques for dental floss, see the list below:
– In order to use a fresh section of thread for each individual tooth, you should use a dental thread that is roughly 18 inches in length.
– Use dental floss that has been given, recommended, or approved by your dentist. Use interdental cleaning tools that have been given the Seal of Acceptance by the American Dental Association.
– Avoid using the same piece of piece floss more than once.
– Look for single filament thread, as it is known to be shred resistant and can ensure you will be able to fully floss all your teeth effectively.
– If you want your oral health to be at its best, you need to floss between your teeth every day for at least two minutes per session, making sure to floss between every tooth.
If you would like to speak with Dr. Bruce Brumm and our team about oral health care treatment options, please schedule an appointment at our dentist office of Bruce Brumm in San Diego, California, by calling 858-250-2933. We will do our best to help you in any way we can.